Saturday, August 2, 2008

"Right Before Our Eyes"

The show is of photographs from my garden. Like the garden, the photos and the show are a labor of love. In groupings of few, I follow one plant or a flower through different stages or views in a different light. It is a quiet work, quiet setting, interior life in harmony with the exterior. I am always interested in finding adventures without traveling. In applying macro vision to the common, I discover the unique, the moment of quiet, breathless excitement.













While the first grouping – leaves, starts with the "The Sun Dial"; the main wall is dedicated to cala lily.
A subgroup: "Woodpecker - lily", "A star is born" and "Abstract cala lily".


The next grouping are 5 photos of cala lily ending in an "animated" object - a dragon fly:
"Alabaster pitcher", "Chiffon Tracery, "The Sound of a Flute", Untitled, "Viennese Waltz, and "Soaring in Place".






















































The last grouping of 4 photos:
"Dancing Columbine", "Oregano tresses", next are "Volunteer Gladiola", and an inanimate object – a pond, the "Pondering Reflection".

































I hope that my images stir
in the viewer even a flicker of the excitement which moved me to make them.


















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vlasta,
Congrats on your show.
The ladybug on the leaf is a visual treasure to uncover.
Wishing you the best~

Unknown said...

Drue,
At the moment of shooting, I was so intent on the light and the "big picture", that I did not notice my little actor on the scene. But I am pleased and grateful for its contribution!

Matilde said...

Vlasta, I almost want to say that the photos are even more beautiful on the blog..."sun dial" is one of my favorites, but all the others are like children, you can't love them any less.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Matilde,
You are right. As an artist I feel that way about every work I create. The Sun dial is a gift of nature to all of us. I happened to be there to receive it for all of us.

Unknown said...

Vlasta,

Thank you for the opportunity to briefly escape from the madding frenzy of the day and to share your window to beauty, peace, introspection and reflection. Your special gift is to see what many of us rush past. Thank you.

Tom P

Unknown said...

Thank you, Tom,
That's exactly my intent but also a function of an artist in the society.